Friday, September 6, 2013

Fashionary

HELLO!

So I have a new obsession. Trying not to let myself go because this is actually an important resource... hehe

I don't know if you guys have heard of it, seen it at shows or in stores or even on Instagram (including mine), but for school we got this cute little book called Fashionary. This is basically what it is.


My little guy.



The story about why this was published is really cute. A graphic designer's girlfriend, who is a fashion design student, was complaining about.. I think, all the things she had to bring around? (I DO NOT BLAME HER) So he made this handy thing. What a wonderful guy right?!


It has stuff like this.


.. And this


Aaaand a lot of this!



FONTS omg



Not too sure if you can see, but if you look really closely there are these pale orange dots that create the figure of someone mid-step. These lines are utilized for your drawing pleasure to just forget about using what you know about angles/proportions/figure-drawing and just worry about the clothes you want to illustrate! SO HELPFUL. I did all 6 of these on the way to school within, like, 20 minutes. Usually just the figure alone takes me 10 minutes each.


I also just found this little flap in the back the other day. STILL COOL.

This is an amazing tool for watching shows and transferring something you see into one of your references if you're not allowed to take pictures, an on-the-go sketchbook and apparel resource, as well as a really good way of practicing to draw a mid-step figure by repetitively tracing over the dots.

I'm absolutely in love with this thing. I bring it with me everywhere, even if I know theres a high chance I won't take this out of my bag. 

If you live around Vancouver and you're looking to get one, you can find it at Oscar's Art Books, 1533 West Broadway. I got mine through the school, though!

Also make sure to check their website out and their Instagram ♡
http://fashionary.org
Instagram@fashionary

post signature
@ANGELAESTELLE

No comments:

Post a Comment