Sunday, September 1, 2013

Room for improvement

WIFI IS BACK. Posi feelz heeyyyy

I was cleaning out my room the night before/morning of my program orientation. That means my closet, under my desk and on my shelf! IT'S REALLY DIFFICULT TO MAKE ROOM, because I have this excuse where it's like "no... i need that. i'm gonna need that one day."

The purpose was to get rid of as much as possible to make room for new things, since it is now University and I had an itch for nesting. Plus, hella growth is taking place!!! (In terms of skill/etc, not height. sigh)

That also meant I had to get rid of a few sketchbooks... But before I could do that, I made sure I took pictures of some stuff that made me realize that I actually improved. For something that took me years to improve, and for those millions of nights where I'm like, "lol ok i'm seriously just gonna end here like I am definitely not improving because I don't draw 200 poses a day, i am not a passionate person," I was totally wrong!!!

Weeeooo I'm pretty happy! For about 2.5 years, to improve proportions and angles, I forced myself to live to using guides for every figure, and now I no longer need them! ALSO MY PEOPLE ARE PRETTIER SO YEAH!
But what I really mean is that the only way to keep getting better is to really just keep your craft consistent. That doesn't mean you have to draw hundreds of poses everyday-- I mean, you could, and it probably works because those people exist-- but do what works for you and what makes you keep going, even if you're doubting that improvement!! TRUST ME, in all humbleness, I honestly get a little confused when people compliment my work because I put it up to wait for criticism and to build my confidence (I recently just started feeling 100% with people seeing my work). Even after all the flattering comments, for some reason I love to beat myself up and keep thinking it's the end for me and I should try something else. 

WEIRD RIGHT? Because art/design has been the only thing that's been consistent in my life. I love EVERY aspect of it, but I'm generally very impatient so I'm really inclined to think I'm never improving until I look back at the work I would beat myself up over...

In memory of my little divas,

PS these drawings range from 2009-2012

























Just thought I'd throw these Shakespeare study notes because I found it funny that I had about 6 pages dedicated to Macbeth.




















CONSISTENCY = IMPROVEMENT.


Always find ways to keep busy because that will keep you inspired


MWAH.


post signature
@ANGELAESTELLE

No comments:

Post a Comment